Mid American Credit Union guarantees the security of Desktop Banking
You never have to worry about online security when using Desktop Banking. Our guarantee covers you 100% if any funds are improperly removed from your account. This includes funds removed from your account as a result of:
- Online theft of your account number, MATT PIN or password
- Unauthorized transfer of funds from your account
You are responsible for keeping your account number, MATT PIN and online password confidential. Additionally, you should:
- Log off Desktop Banking prior to leaving your computer unattended
- Report known incidents of unauthorized access within two business days
Security Features of Desktop Banking
- VeriSign Secured. Mid American’s security is verified by VeriSign, the most trusted resource for authenticating and securing online financial transactions. Click on the VeriSign seal on our log in page for more information.
- Dual password protection. Mid American is one of the nation’s few financial institutions that requires two passwords for account access.
- Server security. Our Desktop Banking server is protected from unauthorized online entry by state-of-the-art firewall technology. Our system also deploys 128-bit encryption, which is the strongest Secure Socket Layer encryption in the world. Click here for a list of compatible Web browsers.
- Timed log off. Desktop Banking will automatically log you off after 7 minutes of inactivity, which reduces the risk of others accessing your account from your unattended computer.
- Truncated account number. Only the last four digits of your account number are displayed on-screen. This protects your account number from unintended viewing.