Whether they want to grow up to be a farmer or a firefighter, as parents and grandparents we want to support them and their dreams, as best we can.
Mid American Credit Union and CFS* FinancialAdvisor Steve Yokum can help you; help your children and grandchildren by:
Discussing the different plans available and uncovering what’s best for your family:
- 529 Plans**
- Coverdell Education Savings Accounts
- UGMA & UTMA Custodial Accounts for Minors
Answer frequently asked questions by grandparents
- Will Medicaid count my grandchild’s 529 plans as a part of my assets?
- Can I access the money in the event of an emergency?
- Can a 529 plan affect my grandchild’s chance of receiving financial aid?
** Investors should consider investment objectives, risks, and charges associated with Section 529 plans prior to investing. Contact your financial advisor or 529 carrier for more information about municipal fund securities which is available in the issuer’s official statement or plan disclosure which should be read carefully prior to investing.