Security & Identity Theft
Learn about our pledge to help members who are victims and how to prevent it from happening to you.
Mid American Checking Account Members
If you have a Mid American checking account and are an identity theft victim, you are covered by our free Fraud Victim Resolution Service provided by Identity Fraud, Inc. This coverage applies even if your Mid American account is not affected.
- 24/7 Toll-Free Access to Dedicated Case Specialist(s) at
- Case File Creation
- Elite Action to Stop Fraud
- Victim Statement(s) Preparation
- Verbal and Written Credit Bureau Fraud Alerts
- Triple-Bureau Credit Report Evaluation
- Fraud Affidavit
- IFI Supplemental Police Report
- IFI Victim Resolution Kit
- Discounts on Prevention & Protection Tools
- Elite ID Alerts, Education, Newsletters and more
If you believe you are an identity theft victim, call the number listed to above to begin the process of stopping any activity related to your identity. Identity Fraud, Inc. specializes in recovery and can help prevent future damage.
If you do not have a Mid American checking account, we recommend following the steps as outlined by the Federal Trade Commission:
- Contact the fraud department of any one of the three major credit bureaus.
- Close the accounts you know or believe have been compromised or opened fraudulently. Use the ID Theft Affidavit when disputing unauthorized accounts.
- File a police report. Residents of Wichita can call the Police Case Desk 24 hours a day at 316-268-4221 to file a report and get a case number.
- File your complaint with the FTC. The FTC maintains a database of identity theft cases used by law enforcement agencies for investigations.