Security & Identity Theft
Mid American Checking Account Members
If you have a Mid American checking account and are an identity theft victim, you are covered by our free Fraud Victim Resolution Service provided by Identity Fraud, Inc.(Opens in a new window)(Opens in a new window)(Opens in a new window)(Opens in a new window) This coverage applies even if your Mid American account is not affected.
- 24/7 Toll-Free Access to Dedicated Case Specialist(s) at 1-866-443-3728
- Case File Creation
- Elite Action to Stop Fraud
- Victim Statement(s) Preparation
- Verbal and Written Credit Bureau Fraud Alerts
- Triple-Bureau Credit Report Evaluation
- Fraud Affidavit
- IFI Supplemental Police Report
- IFI Victim Resolution Kit
- Discounts on Prevention & Protection Tools
- Elite ID Alerts, Education, Newsletters, and more
If you believe you are an identity theft victim, call the number listed to above to begin the process of stopping any activity related to your identity. Identity Fraud, Inc. specializes in recovery and can help prevent future damage.
If you do not have a Mid American checking account, we recommend following these steps as outlined by the Federal Trade Commission(Opens in a new window)(Opens in a new window):
- Contact the fraud department of any one of the three major credit bureaus: Trans Union, Experian or Equifax. The bureau you contact will issue a fraud alert on your behalf to the other two bureaus.
- Close any accounts you know or believe have been compromised or opened fraudulently.
- File a police report and obtain a copy, which you may need to dispute fraudulent account activity.
- File a complaint with the FTC. The FTC maintains a database of identity theft cases used by law enforcement agencies for investigations.