Security & Identity Theft
Mid American Checking Account Members
If you have a Mid American checking account and are a victim of identity theft, you are better protected by our free Fraud Victim Resolution Service, called Privsy Resolve and provided by Identity Fraud, Inc.(Opens in a new window)(Opens in a new window)(Opens in a new window)(Opens in a new window) and their Privsy (Privacy Systems) solutions. This extra support applies even if your Mid American account is not affected. It is for any type of identity theft or fraud and includes:
- 24/7 Toll-Free Access to Dedicated Case Specialist(s) at 1-844-477-4879 (844-4-Privsy)
- Case File Creation
- Elite Action to Stop Fraud
- Victim Statement(s) Preparation
- Verbal and Written Credit Bureau Fraud Alerts
- Triple-Bureau Credit Report Evaluation
- Fraud Affidavit
- Privsy Supplemental Police Report
- Privsy Victim Resolution Kit
- Discounts on Prevention & Protection Tools
- Elite ID Alerts, Education, Newsletters, and more
If you believe you are an identity theft victim, call the number listed to above to help fight identity theft and begin the process of stopping further damage related to your identity. Identity Fraud, Inc. and the Privsy team specialize in recovery efforts and can help prevent future damage.
If you do not have a Mid American checking account, we recommend following these steps as outlined by the Federal Trade Commission(Opens in a new window)(Opens in a new window):
- Contact the fraud department of any one of the three major credit bureaus: Trans Union, Experian or Equifax. The bureau you contact will issue a fraud alert on your behalf to the other two bureaus.
- Close any accounts you know or believe have been compromised or opened fraudulently.
- File a police report and obtain a copy, which you may need to dispute fraudulent account activity.
- File a complaint with the FTC. The FTC maintains a database of identity theft cases used by law enforcement agencies for investigations.